Wednesday, September 21, 2011

DO LIFE


First and foremost....
My triathlon friend Jim Wilkes has encouraged one of his sponsors to help my fundraising efforts; however I need your help. During the next two weeks for every like on Jim’s Fan Page, his sponsor will make a donation in my efforts to raise money for the American Cancer Society. Go to his page hit like and tell everyone you know to do it as well!!!!!!!!
ps. Jim is insanely inspirational so it's worth your time to check out his story!!



-----
At church on Sunday there was a line from Matthew 20 the parable of the workers in the vineyard, that really stuck with me. It is about these workers who all get paid the same, the ones who worked all day and even the ones who only worked 1 hour at the end of the day. 


What if I wish to give this last one the same as you?
Or am I not free to do as I wish with my own money?
Are you envious because I am generous?'
Thus, the last will be first, and the first will be last."

Matthew 20.14-16


At first when I heard this I too thought, "well that isn't fair". But why isn't it fair? For one to distribute such things to others is ones own right. Envy and jealousy are terrible things and it is definitely I am trying to get better at.


For example, I envy runners who are faster than me, despite how much harder they have worked for it, I am jealous of women who appear to be "naturally thin", when really they have healthy habits and work hard for their body. From the outside anyone can assume anything. I may walk by an overweight man in the store and think "Wow he's big, he should drop some lbs", but in reality that man could already be down 100+ pounds. Someone may see me wandering around the parking lot in search of my car and think "oh she's so dumb" but in reality I honestly can't remember where it is... Strangers don't know your past, and they certainly don't know your future. So don't sit around and envy the "naturally thin" or the "boston qualifier" because in reality they have most likely worked for where there are today, no one is naturally gifted we are all given the same thing, and that is to try and not be afraid to fail.








As for training today, 
I cross trained on the Arc Trainer for an hour and then did Nike Training Club ab's...dayum they are killer but I'm already feeling better with them and the first couple times... meaning I don't feel like I'm going to puke and die now....






ps. Ben from Do Life, posted this once, sooo go do life..or something!!





1 comment:

pbbrittany said...

I love those quotes "tomorrow I'll be stronger than I am today" and the one Ben posted.
Your spot on with this- people shouldn't envy each other because we don't know what others have done to get to where they are. Nobody knows what has happened in ones life and shouldn't judge from what they catch a glimpse of. Great post :)