Monday, September 26, 2011

Happy 4 month to my broken skull!

Tomorrow will mark exactly 4 months that I have had a headache and 4 months that my skull has been broken. Craziness. Seriously the past 4 months have been the most ridic things ever. 


This weekend I was going to do a long run again, but brain things and head aches made me take Sunday off and instead I biked to the high school, did a 2 mile track/speed work out and then biked home...all I can say is holy hills... Seriously... when lee ann womack said "Never fear those mountains in the distance, never settle for the path of least resistance"...she clearly had never done hill work outs....



As for the weekend, Kyle came home! and he's been running!! And I found a note on the kitchen table from my father saying "Sit down before you read this- I went for a RUN. Went south" <-- I love my family and my peer pressure for them to love running as much as I do :D muaha




Kyle being a creep while we're at the Dark Horse...

Today after work I decided I was going to hit up the JCC and see how far I could run before my headache got too much for me, hence why I couldn't run outside today :/ 

Anyways- I did 6 miles at an 8 min pace which is MUCHO improving. I am glad I am finally improving it is a big confidence booster! Hopefully by Jan I will be back to my old self!! Also I did nike training club abs again...seriously want to vom the whole time and my abs feel like steel after... but they don't look it yet...


Pic on the left is the new shirt pre work out... right is post work out... I am a disgustingly sweat beast and I can't deny it 


In 2011, about 571,950 Americans are expected to die of cancer, more than 1,500 people a day. Cancer is the second most com­mon cause of death in the US, exceeded only by heart disease. In the US, cancer accounts for nearly 1 of every 4 deaths. By fundraising for the American Cancer Society, I am helping raise awareness of cancer so that all of our families can enjoy a cancer-free future! 

Every bit helps, so thank you in advance for any support you can provide. Please let others know about this opportunity and encourage them to participate or make a donation too. All contributions are tax deductible and will support the lifesaving research, education, advocacy, and patient service programs of the American Cancer Society. 
Also, if you would like to dedicate your donation to specific cancer survivors or victims please let me know their initials and I will add them to my race shirt. 
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/caitlintitus 



If money is a trouble for you right now there is an easier way to help! 

My triathlon friend Jim Wilkes has encouraged one of his sponsors to help my fundraising efforts; however I need your help. During the next two weeks for every like on Jim’s Fan Page, his sponsor will make a donation in my efforts to raise money for the American Cancer Society. Go to his page hit like and tell everyone you know to do it as well!!!!!!!!
ps. Jim is insanely inspirational so it’s worth your time to check out his story!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jim-Wilkes/101175126630575

3 comments:

Tara said...

You've come so far in 4 months! That's awesome. I can't wait to see where you are in January. I have to afree with you that Lee Ann Womack has never experienced the dull pain creeping up your legs as you run up a hill. I will run on my paths of least resistance as often as I can!

Heather said...

Haha - "went south" - that note from your dad is awesome.
And I LOVE your shirt!!!!!!

blissfulbritt said...

OMG THANK god you told me where you are/have been..I legit miss you like cray cray when you take long hiatuses!