Monday, September 19, 2011

I have a "good" face on for how I feel about this run. I'm trying to look on the bright side. I woke up this morning with plans of this run at 530 before work. But (if uve read my other blog) I've been having this weird thing where my arm falls asleep and goes numb and my ribs get tingley lately. At first i thought I pinched a nerve but this morning my arm was completely useless and I really didnt know what do to. I just said fudge it and went back to sleep and called my dr when I got up to go to work. 

Anyways, they aren't worried and don't think it has anything to do with my brain so that cleared my nerves and I went and did this run after work at around 630. It was so nice out and it was at sunset on the lake so it was really pretty

View on the run at Green Lakes

This was a slow run i'll admit that. Not only was it my first run outside since ummm mid June before the accident, but it was my 2nd "long" run post injury. Mentally it felt really good except for the fact that I'm almost an entire minute slower and about 20lbs heavier than I was last year at this time. But it is what it is and I have to progress from here so that's that. 

Another long run in the books! I'm right on track for the Syracuse Half Oct 16th! 10 mile run planned for next Sunday! annnnd

REST DAY TOMORROW WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!


An estimated 39,970 breast cancer deaths are expected in 2011. Breast cancer is the 2nd cause of cancer death in women. By fundraising for the American Cancer Society, I am helping raise awareness of cancer so that all of our friends and families can enjoy a cancer-free life.


Dedicate your donation to a friend, family member or someone you know that has beat cancer, or has been a victim of it. Please let me know their initials and I will add them to my race shirt and run in honor of them. 



http://main.acsevents.org/goto/caitlintitus 

2 comments:

allieksmith said...

I LOVE your acceptance of yourself! I try not to compare myself NOW to who I was last year because a year has passed and i'm totally different now, you know?!

So happy for your 2nd long run! WOOOOOT!!!

Living N Learning said...

Whew! Glad your doctor isn't concerned about this whole arm going numb thing. But do they know why it happens?

Accepting where you are in your life today is so important. We can't live in the past, we have to live in the now.

Keep up the awesome work!