Sunday, October 16, 2011

New Respect- Day something

I have a new found respect for marathoners who train while they work full time. 
The last thing I wanted to do yesterday after working 8-530 was to go running. I wanted to eat dinner and I wanted to not move from the couch. Then I WTFU and ran. I had a 35 minute “zone 4” run, and I did a 5 minute warm up and 5 minute cool down, so I ran 5.5 miles in 45 minutes! wooo! 
Yesterday during a meeting at work our managing director used an awesome quote that I will share with you now…
There’s no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone”
Ain’t it the truth. Baked my bestie Brit homemade cookies because she’s sick and we watched midnight madness. Super secret business this morning, then cross training day, family party, and hanging with my friend amanda tonight! Let’s get TO IT! 
Rizzo is gangster.
---
Today's run is a 60 minute zone 3 run.... I will be doing it this afternoon after the GIANTS / bills TAILGATE!!!

3 comments:

Living N Learning said...

I have respect for people who work full time and go to school full or part time. I don't know how they do it! I can't handle part time work and full time school!

Tara said...

I like that quote!! So true. I totally agree that marathoners who work a lot and train at the same time deserve a lot of credit. It's hard! I mean, with all that training I think I'd just want to sleep the rest of the day.

allieksmith said...

I LOVE that quote :) it is totally true!